Crazy how Cari Gaines and I ended up in Italy at the exact same time, completely unplanned. I met her and her friend Laura at the train station for a two day detour to Florence. Planning on checking out Michelangelo's famous David sculpture tomorrow, we figured it was only appropriate we eat at a lunch place of the same name.
I'm embarrassed to say that this ginormous Coca Cola cost me the equivalent of $12.
David's portrait was even on the dishes! By far best pasta I've had yet... ravioli with truffle cream sauce.
One of the piazza's here has a big carousel and it reminded me of Avery. Cari was kind enough to oblige me and be the dorky adults with no kids riding the carousel for a photo op.
Incredible street artist. Literally on the street, not sidewalk. Practically get run over by taxi's trying to look at the thing...
Ponte Vecchio - Famous bridge over the Arno River. All phenomenally expensive jewelry shops. We dubbed it "the bridge where you can't afford anything." Yes, those teensy weensy, damn-near-microscopic silver stud earrings ARE $300.
While Cari & Laura are staying close to town, my dad so generously used his traveler points to cover my hotel a little further out in the suburbs. I enjoyed spending the evening walking around the less touristy neighborhoods. Here's an Italian version of a playground baby swing... hmm, less than cozy.
Dinner at a little cafe with my book and chocolate pastry for dessert. Perfecto.









4 comments:
Looks like the perfect Italy vacation so far! Love the last pic...that is exactly how I picture a trip to Italy :) Relaxing in a cafe with good food and a good book.
Just enjoy all of the sights and smells that Florence has to offer!!! It's a fantastic place to experience! Be sure to get some tiramasu!!
I love seeing you on the carousel!!! I wish I could ride it with you!
You're eating...That's good. What an amazing trip. I can't believe you met up with Matt's cousin...crazy. I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself. Have fun!!!
Post a Comment