Sunday, March 3, 2013

Avery's Antics 4.1


DSC_0669

Dinner prayer:
"Lord Jesus, thank you for the sun and our food. Please make Mommy more helpful. Amen."

"Why is that guy holding a sign?"
"He's asking for money."
"Why?"
"Because he probably doesn't have a job."
"Why does he look dirty?"
"He might not have a home or a shower, so he can't get clean every day or shave his face." 
"Well, if he doesn't have a home, WE could ADOPT him!"
(Avery recently learned about kids who are adopted) ;)

"I know that you're my real Mom."
"Oh yeah? How do you know I'm not a witch that stole you?"
"Because I have farkles."
"Huh?"
"FAR - KULLS. You have them too. We both have them and that's how I know you're my real Mom."
"Ah yes, freckles!"

A friend of ours recently delivered her baby via c-section. Avery overheard me telling Matt that they would be headed home just as soon as the doctor removed her staples...
"What are staples?"
"Staples are little pieces of metal that hold things together. The doctor had to cut Ms. Wallis' tummy in order to get baby Oliver out. So then they had to use staples to close her tummy back up while it heals."
"Oh! I know what staples are! Mary and Joseph had baby Jesus in a staple."

"Hey Avery, did you know that Ms. Rebecca is gonna have another baby?"
"I was wondering why her tummy is so big."
"That's why! She has a little baby sister for Maddie growing in there."
"You still have a little bit of a big tummy from when Lear grew in there."
( Gotta love how easy the truth flows from little mouths! ha! )
   

1 comment:

Rebecca McGahey said...

Haha...I love little miss Avery!! Hilarious!