We've been spoiled living just a 9 hour drive from Matt's family and have tried to take advantage as much as possible. What a treat when Grandma Laurie, Jenn, Jaylene, Makayla, and Emily all drove from Nor Cal for a few days of fun.
How blessed we were to make such happy memories with our beautiful nieces (and mom/sisters!).
A day at the beach by the Hotel Del,
The McNeil/Renta crew braved our packing chaos and also trekked down from up north to spend a couple days with us.
The other person I made a point of seeing before leaving San Diego was my childhood nanny. Carol Hoffman watched Casey and I when my parents would vacation each summer from ages 7-11. She would sit for hours with me and draw the Sunday comics or bring her watercolors for me to practice painting. My artistic talent is God-given, but I credit Carol with igniting a spark in me that never faded. It was incredibly special for us to have lunch together, after not seeing each other for 13 years, and to have her meet my kids. She's physically fit, rockin' an iPhone and so stylish... at 86! Looks like she's still who I wanna be when I grow up. ;)
Thanks to ALL of you who took the time to shower us with love before we left. I didn't get photos with all the neighborhood friends, bible study gals, work pals, or family, but we appreciate just how much joy you brought to our lives in San Diego.
A day at the beach by the Hotel Del,
The McNeil/Renta crew braved our packing chaos and also trekked down from up north to spend a couple days with us.
The other person I made a point of seeing before leaving San Diego was my childhood nanny. Carol Hoffman watched Casey and I when my parents would vacation each summer from ages 7-11. She would sit for hours with me and draw the Sunday comics or bring her watercolors for me to practice painting. My artistic talent is God-given, but I credit Carol with igniting a spark in me that never faded. It was incredibly special for us to have lunch together, after not seeing each other for 13 years, and to have her meet my kids. She's physically fit, rockin' an iPhone and so stylish... at 86! Looks like she's still who I wanna be when I grow up. ;)
Thanks to ALL of you who took the time to shower us with love before we left. I didn't get photos with all the neighborhood friends, bible study gals, work pals, or family, but we appreciate just how much joy you brought to our lives in San Diego.












No comments:
Post a Comment