Wednesday, February 27, 2013

All In One

February has been a nice mix of projects and relaxation. We've purposefully cut back on screen time (tv, computer, etc) to embrace our dwindling days of concentrated family time. Only 5 more weeks before we dive headlong into the frantic "ships in the night" life we typically lead.

But I wouldn't be a successful family historian (albeit online) if I didn't do at least one post about our goings-on this month...

Matt's birthday is always one of the first things on deck in February. We celebrated his 33rd with a home-made banner, ice cream cake and a family photo shoot. (A dedicated post on that later.)
DSC_0624

It's winter here in San Diego, which means a few more rainy days than usual. Perfect for napping...
DSC_0569

... and watching out windows.
IMG_3659

Inevitably the sun came back and so did the ice cream truck. These two are really going to miss one another.
IMG_3738

In addition to becoming a full-time walker, Lear has also been working on his utensil skills. Diaper only = quicker cleanup.
DSC_0649

Matt and I have implemented a date night each week. Amazing what just a few hours together without the kids can do to enrich a marriage! 

Avery is somewhat sensitive to being left "alone" these days, so we've also put extra effort into carving out special Daddy-Daughter and Mommy-Daughter time. Matt spent an afternoon at the aviation museum with her. I took her to our very first teahouse lunch with our friends Jen and Kenzie - fancy hats, small sandwiches, and scones. Yum!
DSC_0663

The biggest project I tackled this month was the design of Cheyenne's new bedroom. For two weeks my free time was spent planning, shopping, painting and creating a place that she would feel excited to call her own. With stark white walls and no painting allowed, how do you bring the vibrancy of a 4 year old to this space? Well, for under $200, I'm pretty proud of how it turned out - (bed and dresser pre-owned). Avery and Cheyenne even painted the large artwork above the dresser together!
DSC_0630
DSC_0686
DSC_0632
DSC_0697
DSC_0633
DSC_0696
Untitled-1 
DSC_0698 
DSC_0705


2 comments:

Eli Jen Makenzie and Kennedy said...

Cheyenne's room is AMAZING!!!! Great job Hayley!!! We are going to miss you and your sweet family!

Leah said...

The room is SO cute! I love the colors and all the art! Bravo, Hayley!