Thursday, May 10, 2012

Avery's Antics 3.4

DSC_0416


"Let's watch Beauty and the Beef."

Me to Lear: "Are you gonna be happy if I sit you on my lap or do I need to put you in your swing?"
Avery: "Mom, why are you giving him options?"

Working in the backyard, I leave Avery to watch Lear in his bouncer seat to run inside for something. Return a minute later to him and Avery holding STICKS (!)
"Avery!!! Lear cannot have sticks yet. He's too little and will poke his face."
"But MOoOOooM, we're roasting marshmallows!!!!"

"Why are Daddies bigger than Mommies?"
"Usually adult boys are just taller than adult girls."
"I know why Daddies are taller. It's so that when I ride on his shoulders I can touch the sky."

"Those yum-yums (dessert) were so good tonight. They have lots of protein, don't they."

Talking to Matt via Skype, he says to Avery: "I can see a booger in your nose!"
"Oh, that's 'cause it's falling out. I'll push it back up there." 
And, indeed, pushes it back in. Ha!  

Wearing her princess outfit and holding her play phone:
"Who are you talking to?"
"I'm texting my prince."

Avery earns a quarter every night that she picks up all her toys. At the store the other day with "her money," trying to decide what to buy, she stopped at a rack of un-inflated foil balloons.
"Mom, I want to buy one of these."
"Ok. We will have to take it to the counter to get it inflated."
"No, I don't want a regular balloon. I want a tooting balloon!"
Yes. My daughter was sorely disappointed to learn she wasn't buying a whoopie-cushion!

"Lear is Nemo today!"
DSC_0394
 

Bonus Feature - Husband Humor:
Me: "Lear really is such a happy baby. Unless he's hungry or tired, he's smiling all the time."
Matt:"Well, yeah. He's a dude. If I were suckin' on boobies 5 times a day, I'd be smiling like that too!"

1 comment:

Eli Jen Makenzie and Kennedy said...

Oh man, I must say I laughed at every one!!! And the bonus comment... Eli agrees!! LOL ;)