Monday, October 22, 2012

Birthday Bash(es)

Apparently, 4 was an extra special number for Avery last week. Not only did she gain another year in age, but she also got FOUR birthday celebrations! 

Party 1: Matt knew he would be working out of town for Avery's special week, so we first celebrated as a family with an ice cream cake a couple of days before her actual birthday.
DSC_0086

Party 2: Because Avery attends preschool MWF (and her actual birthday fell on a Tuesday), we brought cupcakes to class on Monday. They sang to her and she got to wear a lovely glitter Birthday Girl tiara. She came home skipping and singing "Happy Birthday to Me!"

Party 3: Tuesday. Her actual 4th birthday. Woke up to a room full of balloons, chose a chicken nugget Happy Meal for lunch, spent the afternoon at her favorite playground, and rounded out the day with a cup of delicious berry frozen yogurt. Her little bestie, Cheyenne, stopped by with a bouquet of balloons, too! She opened gifts she'd received in the mail and enjoyed playing with them the rest of the night.
DSC_0103
DSC_0132

Party 4: The official bash with little buddies! Awhile back, when I asked Avery what type of birthday party she wanted her response was, "Hello Kitty Ballerina." Um, Ok...  Since I prefer creative, crafty, original decor this took some extra effort. But with a little fabric, paper, balloons and time I think we pulled it off. My secret weapon was our friend Jen who whipped up some seriously adorable themed cake pops!
IMG_4555
snacks 2
DSC_0039
snacks 1

The beautiful birthday girl.
DSC_0052

Oma & Opa came to celebrate!
DSC_0048
DSC_0040

No "Hello Kitty Ballerina" party would be complete without big bows and tutus.
DSC_0011
DSC_0012
bows
Little Kitties
DSC_0084

And Big Kitties
DSC_0099

We played a few games, the most popular of which was Charades. Everyone loved Opa's version of 'swimming'.
DSC_0106_2

Kitty cake pops were a huge hit and WAAAAY less messy than traditional cake.
DSC_0152

Lots of presents, sweet treats and laughter later... this kid is officially 4! 
And I am officially partied out.
DSC_0170

"Thanks for coming!"
DSC_0191

3 comments:

Eli Jen Makenzie and Kennedy said...

OMG! I LOVE IT!!! SO glad I got to be a part of this one! ;)

Marnelle Helling said...

So seriously adorable!!!

Leah said...

Happy Birthday, Miss A! Correct me if I'm wrong, but did I read ICE CREAM cake and frozen YOGURT? Sounds like dairy is agreeing with the 4 year old - woohoo! Happy 4 year Mama Anniversary to you too, friend :-)