What a difference a year makes!
Exactly
one year ago today, June 3rd, 2011 I was 10 weeks pregnant with Lear
and had this 3D ultrasound done. We didn't know his gender or the color
of his eyes, but this amazing little peek at our baby boy was forever
captured on film. A profile view, with one foot crossed over the other
and his eye, ear and jawline clearly visible, this was the first time we
saw our son. It's astounding the amount of detail and human form he
already possessed at barely 1-inch long - his beating heart no bigger
than the asterisk* on your keyboard. What an astonishing miracle it is
that technology can provide a small glimpse into that "secret place"
where God knits us together (Psalm 119:13-16).
Fast
forward 365 days (366 since it's a leap year?!) and Lear will be 5
months old tomorrow! He certainly still resembles his ultrasound photo
in the large head department. Yowzas. Sorry kid, I think you inherited
your momma's fivehead (bigger than a forehead... get it?). This isn't an
official doctor visit month, but on our bathroom scale he's coming in
around 18 lbs, aka: too dang heavy to be hauling around in that baby
carseat! You may have noticed in the photo that he's free-style sittin'
alone these days. Not entirely un-wobbly, but can hold his own upright
for a stretch of 10-15 minutes at a time. He's wearing 6-9 month clothing and
hasn't started any solid foods yet. Mostly because I'm too lazy to
start!
No teeth yet, but he
does have a little hair, I promise. It's just so light and thin that it
doesn't show up in photos. Opa asked if he has eyebrows, but I think
the jury's still out on that one. He's a chill dude while awake, which
is his saving grace, since he doesn't sleep worth a darn. 5 months in
and this Momma's still waiting for more than 4 hours of consecutive
sleep... ugh. He has more than a few nicknames including Learbug,
Chunka-saurus, and Shucky-boo (what Avery calls him... don't ask).
Five months have gone much faster with babe numero dos! We love you Chunk!

1 comment:
I think he is the cutest little guy!!!! Although he looks like the Coe side of the family I can't help but see his daddy!!!! Sometimes I stare at him and it takes me back, a long time ago, when my "Chunka-saurus" smiled at me!!!!! Wow, seems like yesterday!! Hayley I am so thankful you are keeping up the baby books online for us all to enjoy and remenise a bit! These postings are the little "sunshine moments" that make a great day!!!! He maybe a Chunka-saurus but by-golly he sure is a cute one!!!!!!!! Just wait, he will end up being 6'3" and skinny as a rail!!!!! But may he always keep his "Jolliness and Easy Going Temperment"!!!! What a blessing he is!!!
Post a Comment