"Mom... the sun is too bright for pictures." These days baby boy is about the size of an $8 pumpkin!
We didn't carve a pumpkin last year, so this was Avery's first interactive carving experience. That little girl of mine has the most sensitive nose. She immediately hated the smell...
She wanted nothing to do with the guts! Poor kid even got crocodile tears rolling when I asked her to help scoop some out.
Mommy to the rescue! I showed her how to use a big spoon to fish for the seeds - keeping her hands clean.
Success! So proud of herself.
Ultimately a happy dance - hooray for spoons!
Party time with some spooky treats.
This year, Avery was a bunny. Check out that awesome hand-sewn costume!
But, don't give me the credit.
That bunny costume was made by my mom and first worn 27 years ago by ME - as a 3-year-old!
The 1984 pic is pretty faded, but I love that Oma saved this for Avery to wear.
The 1984 pic is pretty faded, but I love that Oma saved this for Avery to wear.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!








3 comments:
That costume did have a fuzzy tail at one time, but I guess it didn't survive!! Great pics, Hayley!!
That costume is so special! My mom saved an old costume of mine, a cheer leading outfit that she also sewed by hand (my dad was a high school football coach at the time) and it has an L on the front for "Livermore" the team he coached for...but it could also stand for "Leah" or "Lucy" :) Glad you enjoyed the day, the bump club is looking fabulous!
Good Job Oma!!!! How special that you saved this for your "someday" granddaughter. It provided great memories 27 years ago and once again it is the author of more great memories. Think it will last another 27 years? I hope so!!!!! Great Pictures!!!!
Post a Comment