Monday, October 24, 2011

Avery's Antics 3.0

Super excited about her "very own" new digital camera!

While watching Monday Night Football...
"I love you, Avery."
"Um, I love the Raiders."
(Daddy would be so proud)

Reading a book at bedtime...
"There's the baby bird with his Mommy bird and brothers and sisters."
"That's not his Mommy, that's his Daddy."
"Oh, how can you tell?"
"He doesn't have eyelashes."

I got really frustrated trying to run errands with Avery the other day. She was messing around and just wouldn't get back into her carseat. I let out an "Aarrgh!" sound to vent and she says -
"You need to take two deep breaths Mommy. Like this... (breathes in thru her nose, out thru her mouth)"
"Thanks kiddo."
Gotta love a good dose of your own anger management.

"Time for a nap, Avery."
"Are you kidding?!!?"
"Um, no."

While driving...
"Mommy, why is that man taking a nap on that bench? He needs to go to his bedroom."
"Well, sweetheart, I think that man doesn't have a bedroom. He probably doesn't have a job and doesn't have any money to pay for a house, so he sleeps on that bench."
"Well, he should call the police. They can help him find his house."
*sigh* The innocence of youth...


No comments: