In another attempt to beat this crazy heat wave and escape our non-air conditioned condo, we went to La Jolla Cove for the afternoon. Here are some things I learned:
2. While proud to rock the bikini... it's not exactly baby-friendly. Especially when your child clutches and tugs your top both from fear of the waves and because she thinks that if "the girls" are visible it must be happy hour! Avery nearly made this an involuntary topless beach numerous times.
3. A hefty prayer goes a long way in the hope that, once home, you can transport a sleeping infant from her car seat to her crib and have her remain asleep there long enough to shower out all the sand dunes that have accumulated in my unmentionables!
4. Despite all that... I love living 15 minutes from the water, the waves, and a place that makes me and my daughter happy.




6 comments:
Avery you have one cool Mommy to take you to the beach and play! Haley you look amazing, you go girl :)
I can't stop laughing!!!
I love the look on Avery's face in the top picture!!! You sure are one HOT momma!!
Oh my goodness Hayley!! I know how you feel!! Last time I took Kenzie with Eli I finally got her in the water, her and Daddy had fun... I broke out into hives from the sand... I'm allergic to the beach LOL You look GREAT!
Oh Hayley, you make me laugh. I love the first photo of Avery eating sand, she looks so disgusted with the taste of it.
Susan
Hahahaha! That is so fantastic!... The sand eating, the happy hour, the prayer... This story just exudes motherhood at it's finest! By the way, you work it girl :).
Post a Comment