"How old do you think I am?"
"37?"
"That's right!"
"What a lucky guess!"
"Why are there rainbows?"
"That's the sign God gave us to promise He will never flood the Earth again."
"Why did He flood the Earth?"
"Do you remember what the Bible said?"
"Oh yeah. God flooded the Earth to rinse away all the bad guys."
"Mom, can you eat dolphins?"
"Can Daddy some day do his job from Sesame Street? I'd really like to move there."
(the day Sesame Street would need Daddy's brand of work would be a sad day indeed!)
"Let's make up songs, ok? I'll go first. This song is called Dangerous Wood." (proceeds to sing an entire song about trees acquiring chicken pox and infecting people with their splinters)
"When will I be allowed to drink soda?"
"When you're older."
"Like, when I'm 21?"
"Yup."
"Ok, sounds good." (complete with a big thumbs up)
"Why are shots sharp?"
"Because your skin is tough and they have to get the medicine into your blood so it can help you. The needle is sharp to get through your skin to your blood."
"When I grow up I'm gonna make a shot that's super soft and snuggly so that kids won't be scared of them anymore."
"I think that is a GREAT idea. Will I get a cut of your outrageous profits?!"
"What's a profit?"
"Just say 'Yes,' kid."
"Who's singing this song?"
"Bob Marley"
"Oh. I like Barb and Molly."
My cousin Zach recruited me to help him with his plan to propose to his girlfriend Lauren. Earlier in the day the kids and I met him at the beach to finalize plans. I wanted to do some test shots of where he intended to propose so that I could determine the best camera angle for later that night...
Zach: "Avery, will you come over here and pretend to be Lauren?"
She looks at him with a furrowed brow and worried glance, "Ok... but not forever."



2 comments:
Oh my gosh! I have the biggest grin on my face. LOVE it!! So glad Avery was a willing participant because I know she helped the real thing run so much smoother. :) Adorable!
I love her thinking about shots...I would scream and want to die when I was her age.
Post a Comment