Sunday, March 18, 2012

March Madness

If you came to this post thinking it'd be about NCAA basketball, well, sorry. It's merely a smattering of things going on in the McNeil house this month. I probably could have done 5 separate blog posts about these very unrelated things, but it appears that these days I just don't have that kind of time to spare. Let's just credit my effort and call it a day, shall we?

While at my parents house we did a mini "Oma/Opa with Grandkiddos" photoshoot. With floor to ceiling windows, my folks' condo has the most ridiculously awesome photo lighting. This one is my fav...

Poor Lear had had enough... what a face!
 

Has your weather been as totally nutty as ours? We came home from Ohio to 80 degrees and sunny - warm enough for some swim time with Daddy in the community pool. (But now, 2 weeks later, we're looking at highs in the 50s for San Diego. Brrr. Crazy.) After a 3 month holiday/little-brother-being-born hiatus, Avery has returned to swim lessons and is back to being our resident mermaid.

Cousin Katie (or "katiekelly" as Avery calls her) came down from the OC for a visit. She spoiled us with her love of cuisine and played personal chef for the evening. What a treat to have someone cook us dinner in our own kitchen while I relaxed!

I've been taking photos of Lear each month in the same spot next to the same stuffed animal, so we can see how much he grows. This month that giraffe got a little feisty...

Oops from The McNeils on Vimeo.



What do you do in San Diego when it's a "record rainfall" kind of weekend? Bowling, of course! Our gang met up with our good friends, Cheyenne, Josie and Stefani (plus, Stef's mom and stepdad). The girls LOVED it. And all the adults bowled at least one strike each. Not too shabby.
When I'm the one always snapping the photos, I have to make a conscious effort to get in front of the lens sometimes. Um, hello... I am a part of this family too, thank. you. very. much.

Avery helps Lear out every day with his "tummy time." She's especially fond of holding his attention with some My Little Pony action. (If you're thinking to yourself, "Haven't I seen Avery in that dress many, many, many times before?" The answer would be "yes." She wears it every single day. Clearly not a battle I'm choosing to fight.)

He likes them too.

Lately, Avery has become a whiz at puzzles. This is a clip I shot of her doing a 24 piece puzzle that she had never seen before. We did not do it with her prior to this filming (which was at 7:30am, by the way. Excuse my bathrobe!) Elapsed time is 13 minutes and it cracks me up how she sounds like a mouse during the FF part. :)
Puzzler from The McNeils on Vimeo.


Today Gigi and Jimster stopped in on their way home from visiting Arizona to meet Lear and hang with Princess Avery for awhile (there's that dress again!). 

Despite the incredible wind, we caught a break in the storms and got outside for a stroll. Lear clearly enjoyed being strapped to Momma for a bit.

But what he really liked best was snuggling with Gigi all afternoon and giving her plenty of his signature grins and telling her all sorts of "stories." :)

3 comments:

Rebecca McGahey said...

I love your blog! Watching that fiesty giraffe had me laughing out loud at work :) I can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!!!

Leah said...

Boy, you've been busy. Thanks for sharing! Avery get's smarter and more beautiful by the minute. And that, sweet Lear. I'm a little worried you aren't feeding him enough, Hayley. He looks so malnourished ;-)

Eli Jen Makenzie and Kennedy said...

Oh my goodness!! Lear's face made me want to reach through the computer and pick him up!! He was like, MOM I'M SO DONE!! Too cute!! Love that Avery is sharing her pony's, pretty soon these two will be playing together!!