Yesterday Matt celebrated his 32nd birthday. Avery "dressed up" in her princess outfit for the special occasion and reminded us we HAD to have cake. My mom is in town and she graciously took on both kids so we could enjoy an evening out. Caught the movie "Contraband"... very good! It's not often that my geeky knowledge of art history helps me figure out a key part of the movie plot waaay before it was revealed.
After the movie, we intended to go to dinner, but Matt wasn't all that hungry (thanks to a hearty lunch of two In-N-Out Double Cheeseburgers/fries/chocolate shake - his fave). I felt desperate to take advantage of the free babysitting, suggesting bowling, dessert, cocktails - anything!
But I could't resist the absolute sweetness of Matt saying, "Honestly, I'd rather go get a little cake and go home before Avery has to be in bed. Seeing her smile will make my night." Cue the heart melt.

2 comments:
Avery is soooo cute! Awesome to see how they have captured each other's hearts:o)
Matt, life doesn't get much better than this!!!!!! Happy Birthday Son!
Post a Comment