Tuesday, November 24, 2009

New Things

A smattering of new things:
Being a super-neat-freak, I have to continually chant the mantra "learning is messy, learning is messy" whilst Avery attempts the spoon.

Attempting the Spoon from The McNeils on Vimeo.

Clearly still working on placement...
... and portion control.
Got the bug a new seat for my bike. CA law requires helmets for all people under 18 on bikes... this was the smallest I could find and she's swimming in it! Had to put in additional padding and just look at that uuber-folded chin strap! Not exactly snug. Avery now smiles on cue... super cuteness. More photos of our bike adventures to come!
Just a really nice picture of when Oma was visiting. :)
She might be small, but this girl needed a new car seat! That infant seat was no longer fitting the bill. After WAY too much research we got this snazzy german-made ride. The smile was requested, so don't go thinking she likes being in the car any better!
Not yet 20 lbs, she still has to ride rear-facing, but this sits up higher and she likes being able to see out the back window.Last, but certainly not least, a handsome self-portrait of our warrior and the Afghan countryside. And yes, he's currently sporting a beard to fit in with the locals. :)

4 comments:

Opa said...

Blond, blue eyed, light complexion fits in with the locals in Afganistan??!?! Maybe in Sweden!!

Oma said...

It looks like Avery's "spoon skills" have improved since I was there a couple of weeks ago! Just don't give her soup yet!!

Amy said...

I am so, so, so, SO excited to see you!!!!!! Oh my gosh! This is going to be the greatest reunion! And our little peanuts can meet! Yay!!

Ryan and Niki said...

The whole "learning to feed oneself" was my absolute least favorite of the kid-rearing stages (so far)... I can totally relate! ;)